Life. It pulls you in directions that you yearn for, that you despise, and that which inspires.
Love & laughter,
In addition to my blog and due to my roaming nature I will post pieces of my original writing on Instagram & Facebook. Of course curlymiri.wordpress.com will remain my main arena for writing.
Feel free to follow me as my mind wanders in a realm of love and laughter extended to Instagram.
I look forward to seeing you there.
Here are 2 of my latest posts on Instagram:
Love & laughter,
Five years of age. You watched me from the balcony as I played in the backyard picking daisies and chasing butterflies. You gazed at me lovingly with a beaming smile upon your face. Your elegant features, serene and striking, and your greying hair tied up in a bun. Your sun kissed chocolate skin glowing in the afternoon sun. I smiled back at you, feeling so free as your presence filled me with the most beautiful essence of joy.
As I ran happily through the grass, a bee stung my foot and I yelled out in pain. You came to my rescue, lifting me into your loving home. I cried in your warm embrace as you sang a sweet Samoan lullaby and rubbed ointment on my aching foot.
Eight years of age. Your smile turned into an expression of defeat and sorrow as you battled illness. As I read one of my favourite stories to you-Jack and The Beanstalk, I yearned for you to smile. You only looked at me with tired and helpless eyes, unable to speak. I touched your hands, no longer full of warmth but hard with an unfamiliar coldness. Your face still the epitome of love. As you slept I sang for you, your lullaby. I miss you, grandma.
What am I most grateful for? To be loved.
Curly Miri © 2012
1. Coffee date with a few of my favourite people. Brother, aunt and cousins Kat & Ash at Pah Homestead. A beautiful and serene location surrounded by art sculptures, lush green pastures and of course lovely coffee.
2. Mister and I were invited to a business Hall of Fame Dinner, an annual cocktail function. I felt honoured to be in the presence of four inspiring inductees. The inductees shared stories of humble beginnings and overcoming trials that lead to their much deserved success. Mister and I later discussed our own plans as we move forward to achieve success with our own company. Mister’s drive and passion to succeed is inspirational and our partnership makes me feel so grateful. The Hall of Fame Dinner was definitely an eye opener, allowing me to realize that despite the difficult obstacles that may arise, success is always attainable.
3. Delightful treats of the week.
4. Growing up, our family had a German Shepherd named Bingo. I do not have many memories of Bingo as not long after my parents brought him home, he was taken away by the pound to be put down as he attacked a child. This is Roxc, we share a lot of memories that make me smile. She belongs to my aunt and is so loved. I swear she acts nothing like a dog, very human-like, in a scary but lovely kind of way. Roxc is an absolute treat. This is her posing for a photo that will be part of my Book Club.
5. THANK YOU! I am in awe of the beautiful name suggestions for my baby nephew who will arrive within 3 weeks-exciting! As seen here, the suggestions were amazing. My favourite picks: Roman, Sebastian and Damien. I can’t wait to be an aunt for the first time. I will be attending the Baby Shower tomorrow, hopefully my brother and his Miss will have a name picked from your suggestions soon. I have spent the last few weeks browsing and checking out baby stores. I have come to the conclusion that there seems to be more of a market for girls than boys and I would love to have some of the baby gadgets, toys and blankies for myself, ha! It has been an absolute joy being on the hunt for baby stuff.
Here are a few of my favourite baby treats.
I was happy to check out Trade Aid, a non for profit organisation. My goodness, they have beautiful toys, knit wear and crafts for children AND adults. I love their wooden musical instruments and these:
Vintage Jars-my favourite thing right now. These beauties can be used to store baby puzzles, baby blocks or yummy treats as seen here.
To my future baby (whenever you decide to come), this is a glimpse of what your room will possibly look like.
Love & laughter,
My brother and his Miss are due to have their baby in the month of August and are struggling to find a name for their baby boy. Many have offered name suggestions such as Micah, Declan, Joshua-none of which they like.
Maybe you can help?
My brother’s name is Anthony, a Sagittarius with a caring, selfless and very bold nature. He has a passion for history and classics, especially regarding the culture of ancient Greece and Rome. Anthony is loveable has a laugh that can be heard a mile away.
Rebecca is a Gemini and is of a strong, independent, protective and loving nature. She is a perfectionist and is one of the best cooks I know. Rebecca has a passion for people and she is a lover of the finer things in life.
Hopefully this will somehow allow you to conjure up a few name suggestions. I am all ears!
The beauty of nature in Winter.
An Adventure Box I made for a 7 year old girl’s birthday gift. Includes Adventure Jars, Adventure Photo Album, Adventure Storybooks and an Adventure Tea Cup.
Delectable treats of the week.
Last week I purchased this treat. I wore the skirt out to dinner this week and snapped a quick photo while in the restaurant bathroom.
I have been thinking a lot about my desire to have children of my own. I came across this quote that made me smile:
“In the happiest of our childhood memories, our parents were happy, too.” ~Robert Brault
Love & laughter,